Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Interview with Rosalie Young about Party Planning

Q: First, tell me a bit about yourself:


A: My name is Rosalie Young, I was born in Wyoming, and have been married for more than 30 years. I’m a mother of eight, and also a grandmother of eight. I currently run my own business as a party planner.


Q: How many parties have you planned throughtout your career?

A: 23 total, The sports parties all involved the parents playing the sport with their children then the dinner.



Q: How long does it take to plan a wedding vs. a grad party/sports party?

A: It takes quite a lot of thought and time when planning a party.



Q: What were some memorable moments, both good and bad with planning a wedding and planning a graduation party?

A: My favorite grad party was the one that Eichten's catered. The food was amazing.



Q: What are some of your goals with your career, long and short-term?

A: I have one venue I still want to use and I'm waiting for this last daughter to find a husband so we can use the hall. She's only 17 so I have a few more years before that time. Also, Two majors are my goal: literature and holistic healing.



Q: Have you ever dealt with a “bridezilla?” If so, what problems occurred and what was done about the situation(s)?

A: I’ve never dealt with one so far. Although, I did have one wedding venue where the caterers almost couldn't get into the hall before we showed up with the bridal party. Their key didn't work in the door and they explained later that they called information to see if any of the building's founders{There was a list on a plaque inside the middle doors} were still alive and had a key. Luckily one didn't live too far away and sped over to open up for them. That was a great party too where my 6'8" nephew got plenty of the chicken breasts.



Q: What do you like to do in your free time?

A: Basketball-high school college and prof girls'teams; Party planning-weddings and grad parties; Scholastic endeavors; Holistic Healing concepts; Travel and linguistic learning

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, girl! I just was looking to see how you took the information that I sent you. I filled out your questionnaire online at the email spot, sent it the other day and didn't think a thing about it. Tonight, when I checked my email before bed, I saw that you hadn't received the extensive questionnaire reply. It's a good thing that I sent that little bit of info in a later email. Sorry, you should have called.

    ReplyDelete